Max Patches for Spectral Audio Freeze - Part 1
In 2008, I shared a number of Max patches for live audio freeze, using the techniques described in the Computer Music Journal article A Tutorial on Spectral Sound Processing Using Max/MSP and Jitter. These patches use the FFT - Fast Fourier Transform in Max to achieve a vivid, alive spectral freeze.
Contents for the pack Max Patches Spectral Freeze Part 1:
- 01-freeze-spectrum: analysis/re-synthesis of one spectrum
- 02-stocha-freeze: analysis/stochastic re-synthesis of n successive spectra
- 03-denoised-freeze: add rough denoiser
- 04-ar-freeze: add attack/release smoothing
- 05-harmonic-freeze: freeze successive "notes" or sounds to build harmony