Prisma at Ircam 2019
The Prisma group of composers & researchers met again at Ircam in the Summer of 2019. As per usual, the initial spark was lit by composer Jacopo Baboni Schilingi. This year, the conference featured the following presentations:
- Alessandro Ratoci: New composition for electric guitar and live computer based on Sonic Youth's Confused Idols and Sexy Killers
- Nicolas Jacquot: Metalepsis - reflection of the figure in the field of composition
- Jacopo Baboni Schilingi: 25 years of aesthetic research: the Idio-spheres, and the introduction of Für Hans, a sonata for piano and live computer
- Johannes Kretz: String quartet using real time composition with 5 tablet computers
- Jean-François Charles: From Magma (2003) to Petrified (2019): the evolution of a composition for instruments and live electronics
- Örjan Sandred: Using PMC in Max
- Mauricio Valdés San Emeterio: current research
This meeting is always the occasion of learning a lot from each other: every composer/researcher comes with a specific domain of expertise, and with the goal of sharing their ideas. Lots of creative ideas result from these meetings!
I'll give an updated version of this presentation at the University of Iowa's Science on Tap on February 20, 2020. Mark your calendars!