Alea III plays a Third Stream Composition
Last year, the contemporary classical music ensemble Alea III performed the première of my composition Viola palustris. It would be fair to speak of Third Stream Music, since the piece is a concerto for a jazz soloist and a classical music ensemble.
Watch on youtube: Third Stream Music - Viola palustris by Alea III
Alea III, dedicated to new music
Alea III is giving his Young Composers' Workshop Concert this Wednesday, January 27th, at 7:30pm in TSAI performance center, in Boston. The exciting program includes new music by the following composers:
- Graham Dixon (United Kingdom) Kittinger’s Fall
- Aaron Krerowicz (USA) Asterisk
- Lina Tonia (Greece) Prismatic
- Eun Young Lee (Korea) Yeol-doo-dal
- Mohammed Fairouz (United Arab Emirates) Symphony No. 2
- Gon Hwang (Korea) Cosmorleans Concerto
- Antonis Anestis (Greece) Villa R. (homage à Paul Klee)
- Miles Bergsma (USA) Phoenix
If you are a composer, make sure you check the Alea III's composition competition (you may submit an application until March 15).
Viola palustris: the first page of the section with the triangle ostinato
Post a Comment