Dudley House Jazz Bands - Concert!
Since September 2007, I have been leading the Dudley House Jazz Bands at Harvard University. I am a so-called "Dudley Fellow", and my exciting job includes leading a full Big Band, taking care of a smaller and freer Improvisation Workshop, and organizing the concerts.
You are invited to our winter concert: Wednesday, February 20th at Dudley House, 8:45 p.m. Free.
On December 12th, 2007, Nathan (bass) brought a recorder to the rehearsal. Hit the button "play" to hear Chant Bien Fatal by Maurice Merle.
You are listening to:
- Michael Heller, alto sax
- Alan Lenarcic, tenor sax
- Jean-François Charles, contrabass clarinet
- Nathan Fosse, piano
- Nathan Haselby, upright bass
- Dan Jeffs, drums
Program of the concert
- Big Band
- Egyptian (Carla Bley)
- All of Me (Simons & Marks)
- Hercab (Gianluigi Trovesi, arrangement Corrado Guarino)
- Choro Dançado (Maria Schneider)
- Moving Parts (Ethan Fenn, world premiere)
- Improvisation Workshop
- Xiao-Li Meng (Alan Lenarcic, world premiere)
- Chant Bien Fatal (Maurice Merle)
- Strange Days Follow Victories (Michael Heller, world premiere)
- Big Band
- Exaltation / Religious Experience / Major (Carl Ruggles / Carla Bley)
- It's Oh So Quiet (Lang & Reisfeld)
- Dedalo (Gianluigi Trovesi, arrangement Corrado Guarino)