Prisma meeting - Summer 2015
This year, the Prisma meeting took place at Ircam from July 5th to 7th.
- Jacopo Baboni was the main organizer, as usual;
- Hans Tutschku showed how he uses light live electronics & spatialization in his compositions Still Air 3 for oboe, bass clarinet & electronics, and Shadow of bells for piano & electronics;
- Orjan Sandred presented his recent compositions, as well as new developments in his contraint programming for computer-aided composition;
- Johannes Kretz shared his Timbre Tunnel to morph sound in real-time;
- Michele Tadini gave a new version of his granular synthesis tool the T-Grain;
- Invited for the first time, Stéphane Boussuge presented the computer-aided composition tool Opusmodus - to know more about it, check out this article on music radar: Composition meets programming with OpusModus;
- Jean Bresson, Jérémie Garcia and Xavier Favory presented computer-aided composition tools (especially a new reactive mode in OpenMusic) and interfaces for the control of sound spatialization (linking the Ircam Spat to a tablet interface).
Last year, I performed with a new live timbre recognition system, used in my composition Electroclarinet 5. This year, I showed the current state of my environment for live sound sampling, slicing & graphically-based processing - I will let you know more about this work in the coming months!