Dudley Third Stream - Call to Composers
As from September, I will be leading the Dudley Big Band, as well as another group, the Dudley Third Stream.
This latter group will feature:
- String quartet (2 violins, viola, cello)
- Upright bass
- Electric guitar with multi-effects
- Winds to be determined, members of the Big Band or not:
- clarinet (if it's me, possibly doubling bass, contrabass, etc.)
- sax(s) (anybody playing the soprano out there?)
- Percussion (possibly multi-percussion, "ethnic" instruments, and why not jazz drums)
- Possibility of live electronics
If you want to compose or experiment a piece at the border between notation and improvisation, classical and jazz, serious and fun, it is the place to come!
Examples of projects:
- written piece for the strings, a solo wind improviser
- collective improvisation with directions
- arrangement of an existing piece of music (plain chant, classical, pop music or other...)
- piece featuring a special guest or yourself (turntables, didgeridoo, musical saw, etc.)
- your own project!
If you like the idea and want to propose a project, contact me!
Also, if you would be interested in playing , let me know. If a musician might be interested, feel free to forward her/him this message.
Thank you for your time,
Post a Comment