Fête de la musique with Ensemble Sillages
Today is the Fête de la musique in France and around the world, as every 21st of June since 1982. Tonight, I'll be performing Electroclarinet 5 and excerpts from Electroclarinet 6, as well as improvised music with saxophonist Stéphane Sordet. We are playing at the invitation of the contemporary music ensemble Ensemble Sillages.
Here is the schedule:
Brest, SNCF train station
5 p.m. Jean-François Charles: clarinets, objects & electronics; Stéphane Sordet: saxophones.
Brest, rue Étienne Dolet
- 5 p.m. jazz students from Brest conservatory
- 7:15 p.m. ensemble Sillages Stéphane Sordet/Jean-François Charles
- 8 p.m. Christophe Rocher & Frédéric Briet (creative jazz)
- 8:30 p.m. Plus d’amour
- 9 p.m. Moon swing
- 9:50 p.m. Rrrr + duo Lucas / Trémentin (free jazz/impro)
- 10:30 p.m. Duo Descofar (revisited celtic music)
- 11:15 p.m. No pilot (repetitive electronic noise)