Duke Ellington's 1932 Rhapsody in Blue
Last year, I invited you to the concert of the Dudley House Jazz Bands, during which we performed three versions of George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue.
- Piano & musical research: Ryan Raul Bañagale
- Clarinet intro & musical direction: Jean-François Charles
- Soprano & tenor saxs: Eric Diebold
- Alto saxs: Kimberly August, Jillian DeMair & Richa Gawande
- Baritone sax: Aaron Silberstein
- Trumpets: Evan Biela, Gary Smiley, Chris Zuidema & Stephen Furqueron
- Trombones: Ethan Fenn, Rob Cautillo, Cara Takakjian & Tim Fung
- Guitar: Jonathan Buonocore
- Bass: Andres Enrique
- Drums: Max Behrens
Update after L's comment.
CDs and mp3s of the two other versions we played during the concert: Billy Strayhorn's Rhapsody in Blue (Duke Ellington's band) and Bill Putnam's Rhapsody in Blue (Stan Kenton's band).