A Jazz Night in Paris
I am delighted to invite you to my last concert leading both Dudley House Jazz Bands before moving back to France. I'm very happy with the repertoire that covers American and European Jazz, standards and creations... You shall discover a number of autobiographic traits in this program!
The jazz combo has been a huge group this year. We are beginning to know each other well, and the ensemble is sounding better & better. The group is Richa Gawande & Michael Heller (alto sax), Alan Lenarcic, Will Ramsey & Jabulani Barber (tenor sax), Jean-François Charles (Bb & Eb clarinet), Rakeen Mabud (violin), Iacob Koch-Weser (guitar), Brigham Hall (piano & melodica), Marc Gidal (bass), Max Behrens (drums), and Imani Roach (voice).
- Bonjour Paris (Sidney Bechet)
- Parker’s Mood (Alan Matheson, based on a solo by Charlie Parker)
- Charméditerranéen (Paolo Damiani)
- Aldwell Schachter (Michael Heller)
- Green Tea (Brigham Hall)
- Those Blue Eyes (Alan Lenarcic)
- Lamas Say Yes (Alain Gibert)
Our full big band stars Jon Andrews, Jillian DeMair & Kimberly August (alto sax), Michael Heller (tenor sax), Marlene Cohen (tenor sax, flute & clarinet), Aaron Silberstein (baritone sax), Alan Lenarcic (soprano sax on Oblivion), Ed Moore, Gary Smiley, Chris Zuidema & Stephen Furqueron (trumpets), Ethan Fenn, Rob Cautillo, Cara Takakjian & Tim Fung (trombones), Jonathan Buonocore (guitar), Adnan Zunic (piano), Marc Gidal (bass), and Sven Seuken (drums).
- April in Paris (Vernon Duke, arrangement Count Basie)
- I’m Just a Lucky So and So (Duke Ellington)
- Kalimba (François Jeanneau, 1985, for the Orchestre National de Jazz)
- Bernard Jeufroy (Michael Heller)
- Kolkoz (Alexandre Desenfant, 2009)
- Oblivion (Astor Piazzolla, arrangement Bob Curnow)
- La Mer (Beyond The Sea) (Charles Trenet)
- I Love Paris (Cole Porter, arr. Lennie Niehaus. 1958, for Stan Kenton’s Orchestra)
- Libertango (Astor Piazzolla, arrangement Fred Sturm)
I hope to see you there!
Harvard Yard, Cambridge
Saturday, April 17th - 8pm